IFC, the Estonian ICT Cluster and Startup Estonia are pleased to invite you to the first Transformational Business Day in Tallinn. This event will bring together entrepreneurs, leaders, innovators and representatives of the private and public sector from Estonia and the Baltic region to exchange lessons learned in sustainable business practices, with a particular focus on the transformational potential of the technology sector.
TRANSFORMATIONAL BUSINESS DAY IN ESTONIA
March 2, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islandi väljak 1, Tallinn
10:00 – 13:30
IFC, the Estonian ICT Cluster and Startup Estonia are pleased to invite you to the first Transformational Business Day in Tallinn, leading up to the 2020 FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards that will take place in London in June 2020. The Awards are a longstanding partnership between the Financial Times and IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, that showcases innovative, long-term private-sector solutions to major development challenges. The event is organized in partnership with the Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications and the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This event will bring together entrepreneurs, leaders, innovators and representatives of the private and public sector from Estonia and the Baltic region to exchange lessons learned in sustainable business practices, with a particular focus on the transformational potential of the technology sector. The event will also represent an opportunity for Baltic companies to learn more about the Awards as a global platform to showcase their innovative business models and technologies and connect to influential audiences, markets and investors.
- 10:00-10:30: Registration
- 10:30-10:50: Welcome address by the Mr. Rainer Saks, Secretary General, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Ms. Doris Põld, Manager, Estonian ICT Cluster.
- 10:50-11:20: Discussion with IFC on the opportunities in the disruptive technologies sector moderated by the Financial Times.
- 11:20-12.20: Panel: The Power of Technology in Transformation, featuring leading Estonian and Baltic companies.
- 12:20-13:00: Presentation on the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards by IFC.
- 13:00-13:30: Closing remarks by Mr. Kaimar Karu, Minister of Foreign Trade and Information Technology and IFC.
- 13:30: Networking Lunch
The final agenda will be circulated ahead of the event.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
(Registration deadline: February 26, 2020)
About the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards
The 2020 edition of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards marks 15 years of collaboration between the Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, on awards that have had a substantial impact on the way financial and non-financial organisations approach sustainable investment. The Awards highlight ground-breaking, long-term private sector solutions to major development issues, with the core categories directly related to global efforts to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The deadline for entries is 31 March, 2020. The winners will be announced at a special dinner in London on 16 June, preceded by the FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference, a major gathering of thought leaders who will explore and debate the issues generated by the Awards.
The categories for this year’s Awards are:
- Transformational Solutions in Urban Infrastructure
- Transformational Solutions in Food, Water and Land
- Transformational Solutions in Health, Wellness and Disease Prevention
- Transformational Solutions in Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Special Award: Innovating for the Most Vulnerable and Disadvantaged
- Overall Award: Excellence in Disruptive Technologies
- Overall Award: Excellence in Climate Solutions
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Finance and Impact Investing
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Business
For more information on the Awards, please click here.