Rene Tammist is the Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology of the Republic of Estonia from 22 August 2018. He is a member of the Social Democratic Party.
- From 2012 to 2018, Rene Tammist was a Member of the Board of the European Union’s Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators.
- From 2011 to 2018, Tammist was the Head of The Estonian Renewable Energy Association.
- From 2007 to 2009, he was a Member of the Supervisory Board of Eesti Energia.
- Tammist has worked as an adviser to the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the Committee on Industry, Research, and Energy of the European Parliament.
- Born on 5 July 1978 in Tartu, Tammist graduated from the University of Tartu in 2001 with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration and from the University of Manchester in 2004 with a Master’s degree.
Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology Rene Tammist
Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology
The Minister will be assigned to and released from the office by the President of the Republic on Prime Minister's proposal.
The Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology participates in the elaboration of policies aimed at supporting the development of entrepreneurship, export development, involvement of foreign investments, technological development activities, innovation, construction and housing, tourism, information technology and postal services, co-ordination of the implementation of such policies and planning the required funding.
The Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology is responsible for drafting economic analyses and forecasts for co-ordinated sectors and spheres.
The Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology participates in the European Union decision making process and international co-operation, related to the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications and the governmental authorities within its area
Appointment with the Minister
Please contact Kätlin Org, the Advisor to the Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology, to make an appointment with the Minister, by either e-mail katlin.org [at] mkm.ee or by calling +372 639 7686.
You are kindly asked only to address the Minister in cases when you have been unable to find a solution to your problem, for some reason, by contacting the officials of the Ministry.
The following will be required for the appointment:
Give an overview of the question or problem for which you require an answer.
Leave your contact information (phone and e-mail address), so we can specify the issue to be discussed at the potential meeting, the time of the meeting or any other related circumstances.