Urve Palo is the Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information
Technology of the Republic of Estonia from 23 November 2016.
She is a member of the Social Democratic Party.
- From 2015–2016, Urve Palo was a member of the 13th Riigikogu.
- In 2015, Urve Palo served as the Minister of Entrepreneurship of the
Republic of Estonia.
- From 2014–2015, Urve Palo served as the Minister of Economic Affairs and Infrastructure of the Republic of Estonia.
- From 2011-2014, Urve Palo was a member of the 12th Riigikogu and was
the Deputy Chairman of the Economic Affairs Committee.
- From 2009-2011, Urve Palo was the Deputy Mayor of Viimsi municipality government.
- From 2007-2009, Palo served as the Minister of Population Affairs of the Republic of Estonia.
- From 1997-2007, Urve Palo was the head of Saint-Gobain Isover AS. Prior to that, she worked as an accountant, export manager and advertising manager
in the same company.
- Born on 10 July 1972 in Haapsalu, Urve Palo has graduated from Värska Secondary School, and aquired a Master's degree in Economy (MBA) from University of Tartu.
Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information
Technology Urve Palo
Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology
The Minister will be assigned to and released from the office by the President of the Republic on Prime Minister's proposal.
The Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology participates in the elaboration of policies aimed at supporting the development of entrepreneurship, export development, involvement of foreign investments, technological development activities, innovation, construction and housing, tourism, information technology and postal services, co-ordination of the implementation of such policies and planning the required funding.
The Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology is responsible for drafting economic analyses and forecasts for co-ordinated sectors and spheres.
The Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology participates in the European Union decision making process and international co-operation, related to the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications and the governmental authorities within its area
Appointment with the Minister
Please contact Malle Dapon, the Adviser to the Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology, to make an appointment with the Minister, by either e-mail malle.dapon [at] mkm.ee or by calling +372 625 6335.
You are kindly asked only to address the Minister in cases when you have been unable to find a solution to your problem, for some reason, by contacting the officials of the Ministry.
The following will be required for the appointment:
Give an overview of the question or problem for which you require an answer.
Leave your contact information (phone and e-mail address), so we can specify the issue to be discussed at the potential meeting, the time of the meeting or any other related circumstances.